Peace of mind is invaluable, and that’s why our Chattanooga family care clinic is now offering COVID-19 antibody testing for interested individuals. This testing at our office:
- Is quick and easy with results available in 10 minutes
- Costs $75 out of pocket
- Offers 97% accuracy for the peace of mind you seek
How does it work?
Antibody testing looks for the presence of antibodies in your system, which are proteins made in response to infections. Antibodies are detected in the blood of people who are tested after infection, and they show the body’s efforts to fight off a specific virus.
Quick Facts About COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- What we know about COVID-19 is limited and changing daily, but the CDC asserts the following about COVID-19 antibody testing. A positive antibody test is presumed to indicate that a person has been infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, at some point in the past. It does NOT mean the person is currently infected.
- The body usually starts developing antibodies within 1 to 3 weeks after infection.
- There is not enough information at this point to determine how protected someone who was previously infected might be from contracting the virus again.
- People with positive antibody test results who do not have symptoms of COVID-19, and who have not been around someone who may have the virus, are not likely to have a current infection.
- People who receive positive results on an antibody test who are currently sick, were recently sick, or have been around someone with COVID-19, should follow the CDC’s recommendations on caring for themselves and protecting others.
Come See Us for COVID-19 Testing
If you or a family member needs COVID-19 rapid testing or COVID-19 antibody testing in Chattanooga, come see our helpful and experienced staff at NiteOwl. We’re here to care for the whole family.