NiteOwl After Hours Urgent Care & DayOwl Mobile Urgent Care Supports Flu Vaccines, and You Should Get One!
Our team at NiteOwl believes firmly in the power of the flu vaccine. It makes good sense to take every preventative measure possible to reduce the chances of contracting the virus. Our team sides with the CDC in saying that getting the flu vaccine is more important than ever this year as we all continue to navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. The flu shot will help keep your immune system as strong as possible in case you do come into contact with someone who is COVID-positive. But more than that, we think it’s essential to encourage everyone to do their part to help reduce strain on our healthcare systems during this flu season.
This leads us to our list of the top 5 reasons to get a flu vaccine today.
- It’s a quick and easy process. Stop by your primary care provider or local clinic and get the flu shot without hassle.
- If you DO get the flu, the vaccine can dramatically shorten the duration and reduce the severity. The flu vaccination has been shown in some studies to reduce the severity of illness in people who get vaccinated but still get sick.
- Don’t miss school or work! Getting a flu shot can help ensure you don’t use your PTO days curled up in bed with a box of tissues and that your kids don’t have to miss important days at school.
- Keep yourself well during this pandemic. Because of COVID-19, we have to be even more careful than ever about health decisions. Don’t compromise your immune system this season by skipping the flu shot.
- It’s covered by most insurance plans. The Affordable Care Act requires that most health plans cover preventative care, including the flu shot. Check with your insurance provider about the parameters of your coverage.
Please visit your primary care provider or local clinic if you and your children need to get your flu shot this year. If you contract the virus, come see us at NiteOwl After Hours Urgent Care, or we will come to you with DayOwl Mobile Urgent Care. We are fully stocked with flu tests and can provide you with the care you need to recover. We pride ourselves on convenient, after-hours care and low wait times, and we provide a full scope of other pediatric and family urgent care services for Chattanooga families. Book your appointment today!