School has been out for a few weeks now and children are looking for more than their toys for entertainment. Entertaining your children doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Take advantage of all the Chattanooga area has to offer this summer.
Here are a few of our favorite budget-friendly summer activities:
- Coolidge Park: Pack a picnic, the kids and their swimsuits for a fun filled afternoon at the park. Ride the restored 1894 carousel, run through the open fields of the park then cool off in the fountains. Coolidge Park has everything you need for an afternoon of fun.
- Movies: Local movie theaters are offering special showings of older children’s movies throughout the summer for a discounted price. First Things First will also be showing outdoor family movies in Coolidge Park. Grab a lawn chair or blanket and take advantage of this free family night.
- Chattanooga Lookouts: "Take me out to the ballgame…" The Chattanooga Lookouts games are an affordable family outing the entire family will enjoy. Be sure to check the schedule and take advantage of fireworks, character nights and special promotions.
- Spray and Play, Warner Park: Lather on the sunscreen for an afternoon of fun in the sun. Children will love squirting, spraying and playing on the floating obstacles in the pool. Everyone is sure to enjoy playing in the water on a hot summer day.
- Chattanooga Zoo: Enjoy an afternoon of wild things at the Chattanooga Zoo. The zoo is home to a variety of animals and kid approved activities. Ride a camel, watch the monkeys play… there is always something fun to see.
- Tennessee Aquarium: While the Aquarium itself may be on the pricey side, however the "river" and "watersteps" are the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon. Splash in the water then finish the day with an ice cream treat.
Having fun this summer doesn’t have to break the bank. There are Chattanooga summer activities for children of all ages!